One of the latest trending topics in the world of cosmetic surgery is a breast surgical procedure that is performed in your work lunch time.
This is only a term coined by the fact the procedure takes little time to perform and is not necessarily performed in a person’s lunch time, but something they can undergo at any time of day.
The procedure currently goes under one of three titles – 24 hour boob job, lunch time boob job and ‘new overnight breasts’.
The craze started in America and has slowly seeped in to the UK in major cities such as Birmingham and Manchester.
What is Temporary Breast Enhancement?
A lunch time boob job is a temporary breast enhancement that is designed to make the breasts look more perky and plump for a onetime occasion or short period of time.
Also known as ‘instant boobs‘, this type of cosmetic procedure is a short term solution and is performed under local anaesthetic.
- The procedure involves an injection directly in to the breast tissue to ‘plump’ them up.
- The injection is a simple saline solution – salt water – and does not require the patient to be put to sleep.
- Injecting salt water in to the boobs can increase cup size by one to two cup sizes and is designed to not only plump the breasts but make the patient feel more confident.
- In addition, it is also used as a temporary measure to see whether or not a woman actually wants a permanent breast augmentation procedure. This is particularly useful if a woman is worried or has concerns about body shape and upper proportion when considering breast enlargement.
- The saline solution works by expanding the breast to a size desired by the patient. However, the procedure is not designed for boobs to go bigger than 2 cup sizes, depending on their natural size.
- Performing a ‘lunch time boob job’ takes around twenty minutes to half an hour and patients can usually go about their daily business afterwards, such as work or general activities.
- Ultimately, the procedure is a temporary solution to bigger breasts and lasts only 24-48 hours.
- The saline solution used in the injection is absorbed in to the body’s bloodstream after this time.
- This process begins after 24 hours and the boobs start to return back to their usual natural shape and size.
- Women are using this ‘temporary fix’ to fuller boobs almost like a fashion accessory. Something that can provide a quick enhancement to show off or match an item of clothing.
However, one thing that patients should be aware of if considering this temporary enhancement is that there are some side effects.
- The most common side effect is bruising. This tends to be mild and may not occur at all, but can sometimes be visible – especially if an item of clothing is of the more revealing nature.
- Furthermore, as with all minor procedures, just like major procedures; infection can occur along with damage to nerves and broken blood vessels resulting in pooling of blood.
Whilst this may sound like a great idea, the procedure can be costly despite it only being a short term solution to fuller breasts.
We understand that all patients are different with different likes and preferences, however, when weighing up the pros and cons compared with other cosmetic procedures, it does not really compare, especially if a patient is looking for a more permanent solution.
The average estimated cost of this enhancement procedure is around £1,500-£2,000. Therefore, patients need to decide whether this celebrity price tag is worth the money.
Compared to cosmetic breast augmentation, a 24 hour injection does not compete in terms of enhancement and patient satisfaction.
This is especially highlighted by the fact that breast enlargement procedures can start upwards from £3,000 and is a much more permanent look and feel. Whilst implants themselves usually need replacing every 10 years, it provides longer term patient satisfaction and a look that can boost self confidence on a more permanent basis.
If you would like to know more about breast enhancement procedures, pick up the phone and call our team on 0800 007 5860. We provide free advice and will help you as much as possible with any concerns you may have about surgery.
If you want to know more about the advanced breast enlargement surgery we perform, then please visit: https://www.birminghambeautyclinic.co.uk/blog/what-is-a-lunch-time-boob-job-and-is-it-worth-it/