Ear Correction Surgery (Pinnaplasty, Otoplasty)
✔ Affordable Price
✔ 0% Finance Scheme
✔ Easy Installment Facility
Ear Correction Surgery (Overview) :
Ear surgery, known as otoplasty or pinnaplasty is the cosmetic surgical correction of prominent ears to set back the ears to a more desired position.
The aim of the surgery is to set back ears that stick out so that they are closer to the head.
Many people in Birmingham and the West Midlands region are choosing to have ear correction procedures, which involves changing the shape of the ear cartilage so that it does not protrude from the side of the head.
One of the most common reasons why both men and women undergo pinnaplasty is because having ears that stick out makes them self conscious. Surgery can bring about a more aesthetically pleasing shape and position.
Whether you are based in or around Birmingham, accessing our ear consultation clinic in Edgbaston is convenient and allows you to gain an insight in to what the treatment involves, allowing you to make an informed decision about surgery and the results that can be achieved.
Ear surgery can be performed under general anaesthetic or local anaesthetic with sedation. However, it depends on the surgeon preference, patient preference and age of the patient.
Ear Correction Surgery (Otoplasty) Procedure:
At Birmingham Beauty Clinic, we have performed many otoplasty procedures over the years for local people in Birmingham, but also further afield in areas such as Wolverhampton, Lichfield, Tamworth, Leicester and Shrewsbury.
* Ear surgery involves placing an incision behind the ear and dissecting, remoulding and suturing the cartilage to give the normal appearance to the ear.
* The incision is closed with a nylon stitch and a dressing that is held with a bandage around the forehead and head. This remains for ten days until the removal of the sutures.
* Ear correction procedures take around 45 minutes to one hour to perform, but may be longer if your ears require asymmetry correction.
* Surgery is performed as an outpatient and you will return home the same day. In some cases, an overnight stay in hospital for recovery and observation may be required or requested by the patient.
Why Choose Ear Correction Surgery:?
There are many different reasons why patients choose to have ear surgery for cosmetic reasons. Procedures are performed on patients who are teenagers right through to adult age.
Because the ears are such a prominent feature of the face, their size, position and shape can have an affect not only on the physical appearance but the psychological state too. Ears that stick out can cause patients to feel unhappy for long periods and very self conscious about how their ears look.
The most common complaints of people in Birmingham include:
* Ears that protrude or are very prominent
* Ears that are not in proportion with the size of their head
* Ears that are not symmetrical
* Ears that have previously been pinned with unsatisfactory results
* Anxiety or increased feelings of self consciousness
Before After Photos:
Before opting for surgery, consider the associated risks of pinnaplasty as well as associated side effects. Such as:
* Collection of blood beneath skin
* Infection can occasionally occur and may require antibiotics.
* The scars on the back of the ear can become lumpy and painful and will require further treatment.
* Pain and discomfort
* Asymmetry of the ears
Ear surgery requires careful rest and recovery time to ensure you get the most out of your procedure and the best possible results from your treatment. During a consultation with our ear specialist, you will be provided with your own personalised aftercare plan that you should try and stick to as close as possible. Below is a general outline of the guidance for your recovery and what to expect post-surgery:
1. You may have some pain on the first day, but this can be controlled with painkillers. If the pain continues and increases in severity you should call the hospital.
2. You must wear a supportive head bandage for up to 7-10 days.
3. Avoid washing your hair or getting your ears wet.
* After One Week
1. The head bandage is removed after around ten days and the nylon stitch is removed.
2. You can now wash your hair and use moisturising cream, which will be helpful when massaging the scar at back of the ear.
3. Start to wear a head band during sleep.
4. If the patient is a child, they can attend school but should avoid contact sports.
5. Adults can return to work and light exercise.
* After One Month+
1. You can resume normal activities including sports, swimming but avoid contact sports. Continue wearing the head band at night for support until around six weeks.
2. Continue massaging the ears and look at avoiding contact sports until about eight weeks.
Wearing head band for few months will protect the set back of the ears and will reduce the swelling further to give normal and natural shape to the ear. Final results of pinnaplasty can be seen after around six months.
1. Otoplasty (Unilateral) :
Otoplasty – Unilateral starts from £1,990 (One Time Cost)
0% Finance Scheme and Easy Installment Scheme Available
2. Otoplasty (Bilateral) :
Otoplasty – Bilateral starts from £2,400 (One Time Cost)
0% Finance Scheme and Easy Installment Scheme Available
At Birmingham Beauty Clinic, our staff are friendly, experienced and understand the sensitive nature of ear surgery for both adults and children. We ensure that patients feel comfortable during every stage of their treatment from initial FREE Consultation through to aftercare.
Call 0800 007 5860 today to begin the first step to more aesthetically pleasing ears and a boost to self confidence.