(Boob Job) in Birmingham
Breast Augmentation (Boob Job) : Overview
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgical procedure that enhances the boobs (boob job) with primary aims of increasing the size of the breasts and improving the overall shape. Surgery is performed under general anaesthetic by specialist enlargement surgeon Dr Shivram Singh.
People who live in and around Birmingham are able to access our conveniently located Birmingham clinic in Edgbaston with accessible transport links and parking facilities.
Many people who undergo breast augmentation find that it has a very positive impact on their life and wellbeing and helps them achieve a look they have often desired for a long time. Dr Shivram Singh is a specialist boob job surgeon in Birmingham and listens to all concerns patients have in relation to making big decisions such as undergoing surgery at the right time for them.
Complete Procedure of Breast Augmentation Surgery
The idea of having ‘new boobs’ often sounds great. But what puts many women off is the thought of undergoing surgery – something many people naturally fear. Therefore, we have detailed below some core details of what to expect from breast augmentation surgery during and after a procedure.
* Incisions are made under each breast – just above the natural breast crease and a ‘pocket’ is created for placement of the implant. A pocket can be created either just behind the breast tissue or under the muscle of the chest wall. You can discuss which placement is the best for your body type and goals during a consultation and assessment.
* Following breast augmentation, drains are left in the wound for a day and you will be required to stay overnight in hospital for immediate recovery. It is normal for patients to feel stiff with some pain or discomfort for a few days and may feel a few twinges in the following weeks. The actual breast augmentation procedure takes about an hour and you will be discharged the next day after removal of the drains.
* Pain relief medication can be taken to ease symptoms of discomfort at home and you will be given an aftercare plan along with a follow up appointment to review and assess the results of your surgery.
Types of Implants for Breast Augmentation
At Birmingham Beauty Clinic the breast implants we use are made of silicone gel. The implants are available in different sizes and shapes.
* The two main shapes that implants come in are tear drop and round.
* The appropriate implants will be recommended to you during a consultation based on your goals, body / skin type and current size of your natural breasts.
* It is common for women to be unsure about the exact implant size they wish to go for until they have received specialist advice from Dr Shivram Singh. So do not worry if you think you are alone in this as it is one of the primary discussions during a consultation. Often women think that they can only increase by one cup size, but that is not the case. Breast implants are sized according to your body build and size of your chest.
* Breast implants are not for life and may need to be replaced after many years. The outer lining of the implant wears over time and becomes weaker, increasing the risk of leakage. Therefore requiring replacement. In addition, some implants form capsules around them as a natural response of the body’s immune system to foreign objects such as silicone.
However, it is worth noting that the breast implants used in augmentation procedures here at Birmingham Beauty Clinic carry a lifetime manufacturers guarantee for failure and capsular contracture.
Before and After Photos:
Breast augmentation has associated risks and side effects that all women should be aware of before opting for surgery.
* A common complication is that breasts become harder than normal. This is due to the body’s response to the silicone and forms scar tissue. When the scar shrinks, it causes contracture of the capsule around the implant (capsular contracture).
* Bleeding in the cavity created for the implant is rare, if present then patients may need to return to the operating theatre for removal.
* Very rarely implants may get infected. Antibiotics are prescribed in the initial stages and if it persists then the implant is removed and reinserted after few months once the infection is fully under control or completely eradicated.
* You could have altered sensation of the breast or nipple ranging from complete loss of sensation to increased sensitivity.
* In some rare cases, tear drop implants can move or rotate altering the shape of the breast.
* Scars under the breast can appear red and lumpy and may take a few months to improve.
Postoperative Advice/Instructions (Recovery)
At Birmingham Beauty Clinic, we provide all patients with a detailed recovery and aftercare plan so that you can continue your care at home to ensure you get the best possible results from your surgery. If you live in Birmingham, you can call our breast augmentation clinic at any time and arrange an aftercare appointment in addition to your usual scheduled appointment. Below is a brief outline of the events and healing process you should expect following your augmentation procedure.
You may be advised to stay in hospital for one or two nights for immediate recovery depending on the extent of your surgery. Women who have had a boob job often report mild pain and discomfort that can be managed with pain relief medication. You will be advised to wear a support bra (similar to a sports bra) straight away and for up to six weeks that follow. You should rest at home for a few days.
* After One Week
Pain and discomfort will start to go away, although you may still feel some when moving your arms. If your stitches are non-dissolvable, you will need to return to clinic to have them removed in a follow up appointment. Healing cream can be applied to scars to ease sensitive discomfort and help them fade. You can perform normal daily activities and return to work – providing no heavy lifting is involved. Showering is fine.
* After One Month+
Breast and nipple sensation will improve and scars will fade. You can stop wearing your support bra at night after six weeks but continue wearing it during the day. If you are sporty or active, you can return to the gym and activities whilst exercising caution on anything too strenuous. If you have doubts about the level of activity you should be doing speak to your aftercare advisor.
* Final Results
Final results will start to show between six and nine months. By six months any swelling should have completely gone down and you will be able to see and appreciate your new boobs without discomfo
Our breast enlargement surgery starts from £4200 for enlargement alone, or £6,990 with breast uplift combined.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who and what this page is for:
This breast augmentation page is for women who are looking to have a boob job in Birmingham. Initial consultations are arranged in Birmingham so that you can get all the relevant information you need locally and your surgery will be performed in our state of the art hospital in Manchester. Birmingham Beauty Clinic works closely with the Manchester Private Hospital to provide the very best and safe patient care before, during and after your breast implant procedure.
Book Your FREE Consultation Today:
Reading breast augmentation information online is useful, but it doesn’t quite satisfy the curiosity of many women. We recommend that, if you are located locally to our clinic in Birmingham, book a no-pressure consultation with Birmingham Beauty Clinic’s very own augmentation surgeon Dr Shivram Singh.
Call today on 0800 007 5860 and start your journey to the new, fuller breasts you’ve always wanted.