Tummy Tuck Surgery (Abdominoplasty)
✔ Affordable Price
✔ 0% Finance Scheme
✔ Easy Installment Facility
Tummy Tuck Surgery - Overview :
Abdominoplasty, commonly known as a tummy tuck, involves the removal of loose abdominal skin and fat along with tightening of the tummy muscles.
There are two types of tummy tuck available at our clinic for men and women in Birmingham; full and partial or mini Tummy Tucks.
The procedure involves an incision near the pubic hairline that runs across from hip to hip.
Following removal of the loose skin / fat and tightening of the muscle, the skin is pulled back and stitched in place and a new hole is created for the belly button.
Abdominoplasty is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures for the following reasons:
* Weight loss results in loose saggy skin
* Pregnancy that leaves behind slack tummy muscles and saggy skin
* Previous surgery scars
* Weak stomach muscles or Stress Urinary Incontinence
* Improve posture and tummy tone
A tummy tuck is designed to improve the size and shape of your tummy by removing excess skin and fat that can’t be shifted through diet or exercise. The procedure can also remove or reduce the visibility of stretch marks.
In addition, a tummy tuck procedure may also be combined with other cosmetic treatments such as liposuction.
Tummy Tuck (Procedure) :
At Birmingham Beauty Clinic, our tummy tuck consultations take place in Birmingham, but surgery is performed in our state of the art Manchester based hospital.
* A tummy tuck is performed under general anaesthetic and takes around two to three hours.
* Patients should expect that two drains will be left in the tummy to allow draining of any fluid that collects.
* You will have two pillows under your knee to support your tummy.
* If one of the reasons for undergoing a tummy tuck is more definition, liposuction can be used in conjunction with a tummy tuck to sculpt the muscles after tightening.
Abdominoplasty is a major cosmetic procedure and is common knowledge that it can be uncomfortable at times. However, pain is controlled with pain relief medication immediately after surgery.
Our specialist tummy surgeons aim to create a stomach that is smooth by removing excess skin and fat. However, this is typically performed after major weight loss or pregnancy and should not be viewed as a weight loss solution.
Before and After Photos:
As abdominplasty is a major cosmetic procedure, there are associated risks and side effects, these include:
* Occasionally a collection of blood (Haematoma) or body fluid (Seroma) can build up under the skin and may need further surgery to remove.
* Scars heal well and take about year to year and half to become fade.
* Scars can remain red, lumpy, and sensitive and this is usually temporary but can be permanent.
* Rarely the belly button can be off-centre.
* Other complications can be associated with general anaesthetic including blood clots in the leg, chest and throat infection and pulmonary embolism.
These risks and side effects will be highlighted again at time of consultation and again at consenting prior to surgery.
Postoperative Advice and Instructions (Recovery) :
At Birmingham Beauty Clinic, we provide all patients with detailed aftercare instructions and advice during all consultations. However, below is a general outline of what to expect after your tummy tuck and how long the recovery process will be:
1. After your procedure, you will wear a pressure garment (vest) that may be uncomfortable.
2. Around the tummy may cause some discomfort when getting up from the bed and during walking.
3.However, you must continue to walk to prevent risks of forming clots in the legs.
4. Continue with your pain killers and increase your level of activity after a few days.
5. Ensure to support your tummy with pillows or both hands when you wish to cough or sneeze.
* After One Week
You should be able to stand straight with little discomfort and you may be able to return to normal daily activities but avoid lifting.
* After One Month+
1. Depending on your job type and role, you may return to work after one month as long as it does not involve heavy lifting or strenuous work.
2. You can start driving if you are able to wear a seat belt with comfort.
3. After around 6 weeks to 2 months, gradually begin lifting heavy objects and you may start more strenuous exercise such as swimming.
4. After around 4 to 6 months, sensation around the lower abdomen will start to return to normal and any scars will soften and begin to fade.
* Final Results
Scars flatten, soften and fade and you can expect to see the final results of your procedure after 10-12 months.
Tummy Tuck Surgery (Abdominoplasty) Price or Cost:
Tummy Tuck Surgery start from £5,990 (One Time Cost)
0% Finance Scheme and Easy Installment Scheme Available
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Book Your FREE Consultation Today :
If you are considering a tummy tuck after a major event in your life such as pregnancy or weight loss, call 0800 007 5860 for advice and to book a FREE consultation with our specialist tummy tuck surgeon. Consultations take place at our Birmingham clinic so that you can gain as much knowledge as possible on tummy tuck surgery in order to assist you in making any decisions.
Due to the nature of abdominoplasty, we recommend making a list of questions to bring with you to your consultation so that you can get the answers you need and eliminate any doubts you may have.